Shelby was the first unwelcome pet to the "Tipton Over Ranch" but she stole our hearts fast. Our neighbors heard that I was a veterinarian so they decided a great housewarming gift would be a little Torby kitten. The night before we received her I was telling Matt that I would never own a tortishell or calico cat due to their outrageous personalities. A torby is a tortishell-tabby mix. AKA one dang cute kitten. She was just 5 weeks old and had a squeak for a meow. Unfortunately, she didn't make it past her 3 month birthday. One of our doggies had a fascination with her that ended up turning deadly. We learned a very hard lesson that large dogs and tiny kittens do not mix well. The problem was that Shelby could fit between every fence we ever put her behind so she went where she pleased. So this post is in remembrance of a little kitty that stole my heart and made me believe that torti's and calico's CAN make good cats. All we can do now is hope she is having lots of fun playing in heaven. We miss you Shelby!
No comments:
Post a Comment