Friday, September 30, 2011

Crazy 3am calls

Last Friday night I had a call at 3:15am and it went like this:

Caller: Hi, is this the emergency doctor?
Me: Yes, this is Dr. Chanelle, how can I help you?
Caller: I just moved to town and my dog just got skunked out in my yard.
Me: Okay, is the dog doing alright?
Caller:  Yes but I need you to come to the clinic and give her a bath.
Me: Uhhh, sorry but I don't bathe skunk dogs in the middle of the night.  In fact, I don't ever bathe skunk dogs.
Caller:  Well I can't sleep with her in the house unless you bathe her.
Me: Then put her outside and go back to sleep.  Pick up some Skunk-Off tomorrow morning when I'm at the clinic.
Caller: You sure you can't bathe her tonight?
Me: Goodnight.

New college kids moving to town just creates all kinds of chaos.   I'm turning into a local because I hate when they come back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment